Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Apologies

So, I realize it has been a few days since my last update. I sincerely apologize. On Tuesday morning, I, along with the rest of my family were called up to the ICU at the hospital where my grandmother had been checked in the day before. We were told that if we wanted to see her, we should go up immediately.

I don't want to go into graphic detail about the cause, but I will say that we were all surrounding her, my grandfather, mom, dad, my two brothers and I, along with her pastor. The pastor read her her last rites (the Lutheran version) and we prayed the Lord's Prayer. He gave her the benediction, "Depart in peace." and in the very next moment she drew her final breath. It was very peaceful, and she was surrounded by those whom she cared for the most.

It has been a heart wrenching few days culminating into this morning when we held her funeral. The comfort comes from knowing that she is no longer in any pain.

The blogging will continue as scheduled. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

4 comments:

  1. You never have to apologise for any absence. It's your blog.

    Blessings for you and your family.

    Shalom

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you don't have to apologize, and thanks to share your soul and feelings :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry for your loss. No apology needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ronny, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We've missed you and look forward to your return. I'm glad you and your family were able to be with your grandmother and understand the terrible loss.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete